Friday, Friday, fun fun fun (for those who don’t know the cultural reference. . . well, never mind). We’ll be down tomorrow, Friday Friday migrating to a new site, fun fun. Yeah and all that. Plus it’s April Fool’s day. We hope that’s not an omen. Anyway, paraphrased from our web team:
Update 03.31.11: Updated timeline based on new features, added project scope, and additional coding:
March 30 – Thursday March 31 – modifications to the Google API search code – ALPHA COMPLETE
Friday April 1 – BETA LAUNCH – we will begin the transfer and integration at 10am and will go until 6pm
Saturday April 2 – Sunday April 3 – full review of the site from you and your followers (hopefully with a fun blog post inciting comments)
Monday April 4 – new gallery discussion and implementation
Tuesday April 5 – Friday April 8 – new gallery implementation on some of the recent galleries/pages
Update 03.05.11: A mock up site can be found here: http://vintageprintable.makeitworkweb.com./
Vintage Printable users, we hear you. You’re frustrated. We’re frustrated.
And we’d like to give you a voice.
We’ve gotten a lot of comments, and they sound good to us but some we don’t understand because we’re simply not tech folks, and frankly, we have a day job and have to get going. So we’re going professional and paying people to handle this.
Would you put any non-obscenity laced comments in the comments below? If you have explicit technical problems, can you be sure to be clear?
That way we can point or web developers directly to your comments.
What we think is reasonable to expect:
- A free image bank of vintage images that are sized to be printable on your printer at home.
- The site should be navigatable and the image-searchable.
- Images should be downloable with a right click and a save, with no sign up, registration or fees.
- We would like to create a place where Vintage Printable users can interact if they desire (we have a small users gallery so far, and a links page — what else could we do? Should we leave that to Facebook?)
- We appreciate users supporting our sponsors
Thanks to all who have already given us suggestions — and we appreciate any additional advice/complaints/suggestions below.